Brochure Type: Europe 2018
Walk in the footsteps of Prague's Bohemian Kings and fall under the spell of Cesky Krumlov. Explore the legacy of the Habsburgs in Vienna and Budapest.
Additional Included Highlights
- Cesky Krumlov: Explore the medieval streets of this fairy-tale town.
- Prague: Enjoy views over the Vltava River, visit Old town Square and see the Astronomical Clock.
- Krakow: Visit the cathedral atop Wawel Hill. Pass the courtyard of Jagiellonian University en route to the Old Town to see the Cloth Hall and St Mary's Church in the town square.
- Slovakia: See the picturesque Oravsky Hrad Castle.
- Budapest: Spend time in the popular pedestrian shopping street of Vaci Utca and see the mighty Danube with its many bridges linking Buda and Pest. See Heroes; Square and Andrassy Boulevard.
- Vienna: Tour the Ring Road, along the old city walls, and see the Hofburg Imperial Palace, Opera House, Austrian Parliament Building and Karlskirche
- Scenic Drives: Vienna Woods, Bohemia, Orava, Low Tatra Mountains
- Auschwitz: Accompanied by your Local Expert, experience a powerful and moving visit to the memorial and museum of Auschwitz and a stop at Birkenau, which bears witness to the terrible atrocities of the Holocaust.
- Krakow: Journey into a glistening subterranean world at the 600-year-old Wieliczka Salt Mines.
- Budapest: Join a Local Expert and visit the colourful Matthias Church. From the heights of the Fisherman's Bastion, gaze out over the Danube to the beautiful facades of the giant-domed Hungarian Parliament Building.
- Budapest: Visiting the Central Market Hall is a foodie's dream. Wander across three levels of stalls, brimming with mouthwatering salamis, spicy paprika, sumptuous Hungarian wines and a whole lot of Palinka.
- Vienna: Led by your Local Expert, indulge your senses at the Schonbrunn Palace as you stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a six-year-old prodigy.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (330) 264-5554 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14019966
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to Europe (Please ask about our great deals).|
|Day 2||Vienna||Welcome to Vienna.: At Vienna airport, transfers to your hotel will leave at 10:00, 13:00 and 15:00. The Austrian capital is famous for coffee and delicious pastries, so why not stroll to a local cafe? At 17:30, meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a drink, followed by a pleasant Welcome Dinner served with wine at a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 3||Prague||Charming Cesky Krumlov and Golden Prague.: Once over the Czech border, head for picturesque Cesky Krumlov. Get your bearings with included sightseeing. Then enjoy free time to explore this fairy-tale vision from the Middle Ages, nestled amid a loop in the Vltava River. Wander through the cobblestone, traffic-free streets, past colourful houses that lead up to the finest castle in the land. In the afternoon, continue through the green Bohemian countryside to Golden Prague. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Hotel Royal Prague.
|Day 4||Prague||Prague, City of a Hundred Spires.: Join a Local Expert for a tour of one of the most beautiful and historical cities in Europe. Start with the 1,000-year-old Prague Castle where you'll admire the stained glass of St. Vitus Cathedral and appreciate amazing views of the Old Town. Continue to Old Town Square where the mechanical antics of the Astronomical Clock's glockenspiel delight onlookers each hour. The afternoon is free for you to explore at your leisure. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Hotel Royal Prague.
|Day 5||Krakow||Reflect on Auschwitz then on to Krakow.: Enjoy a gentle drive through the stunning Czech landscapes before crossing into Poland where you will stop at Oswiecim, better known by its German name of Auschwitz. Join a guided tour of the memorial and museum of Auschwitz and stop at Birkenau, which bears witness to the terrible atrocities of the Holocaust. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Vienna House Andel's Cracow, Krakow.
|Day 6||Krakow||The Damsels and Dragons of Krakow.: Accompanied by a Local Expert, journey into a glistening subterranean world at the 600-year-old Wieliczka Salt Mines. In a maze of tunnels deep below the surface, witness unique salt sculptures, sunken lakes and even a glorious cathedral carved entirely out of rock salt by the miners. On return to Krakow, join a Local Expert to ascend Wawel Hill and visit the cathedral. Walk past the courtyard of Jagiellonian University through the Old Town, to Europe's largest and most beautiful town square. See the medieval Cloth Hall and visit the 14th century St. Mary's Church, be sure to keep your eyes and ears peeled for the trumpeter in the tower. In the evening, choose from a selection of hand-picked local restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Vienna House Andel's Cracow, Krakow.
|Day 7||Budapest||Through Sleepy Slovakia to Budapest.: Journey into the Slovakian region of Orava, where villagers still live in traditional wooden houses. See the picturesque Oravsky Hrad Castle before continuing through the breathtaking Low Tatra Mountains. Cross into Hungary to arrive in Budapest where in the evening, you are treated to a Highlight Dinner at the elegant Gundel restaurant. Savour mouthwatering Hungarian specialties, accompanied by specially-selected Hungarian wine, as you dine in sophisticated style. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
|Day 8||Budapest||Budapest, the Queen of the Danube.: (Relaxed Start) Venture into the heart of Buda's medieval Castle District with a Local Expert to visit Matthias Church and take in the vista from the Fisherman's Bastion. Cross the Danube to the Pest district to visit Heroes' Square and drive down elegant Andrassy Boulevard. Enjoy time in the foodie's paradise of the Central Market Hall. Wander across its three levels brimming with aromatic food stalls offering delicious salamis, spicy paprika, Hungarian wines and an array of flavoured Palinkas, a traditional Hungarian fruit brandy. The rest of the day is at your leisure to relax by the Danube or browse the boutiques of Vaci Street. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
|Day 9||Vienna||Stately Vienna and the Habsburgs.: Cross the border, continuing to stately Vienna to join a Local Expert for a private tour of Maria Theresa's magnificent Schonbrunn Palace and formal gardens. Be transported to a time of opulence and extravagance as you marvel at the intricacies of gilded Rococo frames, frescoed ceilings and crystal chandeliers. Then get your camera ready for a drive around the Ring Road, a grand boulevard built along the lines of the old city walls showcasing many of the capital's architectural masterpieces, including the Opera House, the magnificent Hofburg Imperial Residence, the Austrian Parliament Building and Karlskirche. As night falls, experience an extraordinary concert of Viennese classical music. The best-loved works of Johann Strauss and Mozart, performed by highly acclaimed soloists and dancers, are complimented with a delicious meal of traditional Austrian fare, accompanied with wine. This is an incredible way to toast your adventures with newfound friends. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 10||Depart Vienna||Depart Vienna.: Your Bohemian journey concludes after breakfast with transfers arriving at Vienna airport at 07:00 and 09:00. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Visas: Some passports may require Visas, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements as documents may not be issued at borders in Europe.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class